Monday, September 18, 2006

Sorry, I've been ill lately.

So now I understand why they call the cold the flu up here in NFL. Gross. I spent the better part of the weekend in bed, with my roommate Katie forcing extra strength neocitrine on me.

But I finally have internet in my room! And we have a tv in the living area, with a vcr, and my dvd player will work with it! Now all I need to do is turn them all off so that I can study. Oh yeah, that's what I'm doing up here!

Next week our wonderful department chair will be taking us down to Moncton for the water conference. I'm uber excited. I think I may even start looking around while I'm there for any possibilities for my future career!

I've gotten to do some sight seeing, went downtown with Katie to see the harbor and visit some of the "hippy" shops, a la Peakes Quay/lower Queen street style shops. I guess there's a real demand for colorful glass pipes and handmade jewelry in every port town. We visited the famous George Street, and had lunch in one of the pubs, where I had the fishcakes. Very nice, now I feel like I belong.

More to come when I don't feel so guilty about not studying!

No comments: