Saturday, September 23, 2006

Kitchen party Newfoundland style

Which, if you're wondering, is just like a kitchen party PEI style, with slightly more liquor, more of which ends up on the floor. Except with a much higher probability that I don't know a whole lot more of the people there. That's ok though, I made friends with the guy who's birthday it was who lived there. Apparently all that took was, "No, I don't know who that band is that you've got posters of all over your wall, but sure, put on something by them. Yes, seriously, otherwise I won't know what they sound like." He was tickled pink and so proud of his fav band. It was funny. Then I headed home when the majority of party goers continued on to the bar, since I'm super poor, and I feel ancient when I go to the student union bar at MUN. Really ancient. Like 5 years older than most people there. Ah well, that's what you get when you go back to school I guess. Next weekend I'll tackle Bitters, meet up with some more grad students. I also think I want to grab the bull by the horns and wrangle some kind of soiree together for the advanced diploma students over at the Marine institute, since there's only 40 of us and we're already getting clicky. It's an adventure. We shall see. Oh yeah, and maybe I'll try and catch up on all the work I should have done. Yeah, that would be good.

No comments: