Saturday, November 11, 2006

I went walking in the woods today, and I found a fish.

This was a neat little bridge insert that was over a tributary to Long pond. I decided to take myself for a walk today, since it was saturday, and it's been a very long week. It was a lovely walk, but I unfortunately lost a mitten. I backtracked twice (it turned into a very long walk), but I never found it. I figure one of the other walkers must have found it and picked it up. I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason they did. Could also have been a small child or a dog, there were quite a few of those along the stretch that I lost it too. Ah well, can't cry over spilled milk and lost mittens I suppose. It was a genuinely gorgeous walk, if a bit windy, and I've found half a dozen new little "spots" that I can go to now when I just want to walk, see the birds, and be alone. Very comforting, and I suggest you go find one if you haven't yet.

No comments: